Oxfam festival volunteering opportunities are open to everyone. We aim to create an environment that realises, challenges and utilises everyone's skills.
As part of the application process we would like to know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to ensure you are able to volunteer with us.
Adjustments we can and have made in the past include but are not limited to:
- Providing a seat for people that cannot stand up for long periods of time.
- Organising a buggy to get you to the start and pick you up at the end of shifts (where possible).
- Having a Personal Assistant place (please be aware Oxfam is unable to find or provide Personal Assistants).
- Ensuring that you have adequate light to work if you are visually impaired.
- Ensuring you are not working in a loud location.
- Providing assistance in finding a secure location for medication (where possible).
- Providing charging points for power chairs in the Oxfam campsite.
- Making adjustments to the lengths of shifts where a specific access requirement for a shortened working period has been identified.
- Making adjustments to the lengths of break during your shift where a specific access requirement has been identified.
We also work in liaison with an organisation called Attitude is Everything who improve access to live music and recruit volunteers to volunteer alongside us.
Please declare any reasonable adjustments or medical history in the application form when you sign up and someone from our team will be in touch with you regarding any access requirements you may need. Please also check the festivals website as not all festivals have the relevant facilities you may need.