This is a fascinating role which involves managing and cataloguing video footage that is gathered from trips and other projects. Ideally you will volunteer up to 3 days per week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Ensuring video files are entered into CatDV software adding all relevant information.
- Writing brief descriptions of the video clips and selecting particular default descriptions (Training will be given).
- Providing footage for video productions and other footage requests.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn and work with new software.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- An interest in visual materials and video.
- An understanding of the video production process would be useful but not essential.
- As the role involves writing transcripts and descriptions of video content, a good standard of written and spoken English is required.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will help Oxfam in this mission to build a just world without poverty
- A valuable overview and experience of archiving video files and material.
- The opportunity to learn how the Stories, Film and Photography Team take a leading role in delivering materials to communicate Oxfam's message.
- Training on CatDV video cataloguing system, which is the software used by many in the film industry.
- Exposure to the world of video production and what this involves.
- Lunch costs and reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam policies.
Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2JY
Tel: 01865 473652
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org