Based in a beautiful part of London, just two minutes walk from Hyde Park, and close to the V&A and the Natural History Museum, the Gloucester Road Oxfam shop is one of the busiest shops in London. Our aim is to fight poverty all around the world by raising as much money as possible by selling the items that are donated to us.
This opportunity will allow you to get retail experience, improve your managing skills and be a part of a great team of people fighting poverty together.
Ideally, you will be able to volunteer 3 days per week from 10am until 6pm for a minimum of 2 months and maximum of 6 months.
No previous experience is needed, so don't be afraid to apply, if you are successful, full training will be given. So if you are committed to fighting poverty, willing to learn new skills, and consider yourself a reliable and responsible person, then this opportunity is for you.
Preferable skills are:
- Ability to plan your own workload.
- Comfortable with communicating by email and confident with Microsoft Office.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Willingness to undertake training as and when required.
- The willingness to help other volunteers and sharing knowledge.
- Ability to motivate yourself and others.