By working as a volunteer Oxfam Shop Assistant Manager you will be helping to provide that management. If you are looking for ways to develop your managerial skills this could be the role for you. Also, if you already have skills and experience which you wish to use in a worthwhile voluntary capacity, we would welcome your application. We are particularly interested in someone who can offer a minimum of 3 days a week and would be able to commit to volunteering for at least 3 months.
- Recruitment, induction and training of new volunteers
- Help to ensure the whole team provides excellent customer and donor service
- Health and safety awareness including maintaining an environment that is safe from hazards and which complies with health and safety legislation and Oxfam procedures.
- Sort and price donations of Books and Music, display of stock and management of new products
- Cash handling and administrative tasks
- Understand the work that Oxfam does as charity and the importance of the Gift Aid Scheme.
Skills and competencies:
- Reliability, commitment and integrity
- Team working skills as well as capacity on your own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Being able to demonstrate a basic standard of technological and financial literacy
- Having an interest in Music or Books
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will help Oxfam in this mission to build a just world without poverty
- Receive training in shop management to the level of voluntary assistant manager.
- Gain substantial experience in retail management and develop personal skills for working in retail and in the charity sector.
- Work and develop within a friendly and diverse shop team
- Lunch costs and reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed I line with Oxfam policies.
3 October 2016 although applications will be considered as they are received.