The role will involve assisting the Shop Manager in running a lively shop, providing a relevant training to gain managerial experience. We wish to recruit interns who can commit to volunteering for up to 3 days a week for a period of 3 months.
Monday to Saturday 09.30 - 18.00
Sunday 11.30 - 16.00
- Assisting the Manager in the daily running of the shop.
- Dealing with donations, learning about sorting and pricing (including researching potentially high value items); rotating stock so that the displays are always fresh.
- Cash handling and administrative tasks.
- Processing deliveries.
- Being a role model for other members of the shop team by giving excellent customer service.
Skills and competencies:
- Sympathy with Oxfam values.
- Good communication skills, excellent attention to detail, interest in books and clothes.
- Basic IT skills are necessary although specialist till training will be given.
- Confident and trustworthy in handling money.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Team working skills as well as capacity to work on your own initiative
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to achieve a just world without poverty.
- You will be developing the skills of leadership and management within a retail environment.
- The opportunity to be part of a successful Shop
- Gain an understanding of how Oxfam makes money within its shops.
- The enjoyment of working with books, clothes.
- Lunch expenses and reasonable local travel costs can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
29 September 2016. Applications will be considered as they are received.