This role requires a higher level of commitment and responsibility as you will be trained to management level. Ideally you will volunteer up to 3 days per week (this may include weekend days) for a minimum of 3 months.
- Operating the till and providing excellent customer service.
- Maximizing the income from donations, New Products and Gift Aid.
- Managing a Team and training new volunteers.
- Assisting the manager in running the shop operations, managing donations and stock processing.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the shop in the absence of the manager (when fully trained) & take actions to solve routine problems.
- Completing daily and weekly reports as well as implementing Trading Division's accounting policies and banking procedures.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to maintain an environment that is safe from hazards and complies with health and safety legislation and Oxfam procedures.
- Ability to work within the shop guideline and to manage a busy workload in partnership with the Shop Manager and shop Team.
- Reliability and willingness to work as part of a Team as well as on your own initiative.
- An interest in retail and fashion, honesty and integrity.
- Good communication skills, some IT and supervisory skills.
- Commitment, reliability, and willingness to learn in order to help the manager in the smooth running of the shop and to maximise the shop potential.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will help Oxfam in this mission to build a just world without poverty.
- The opportunity to gain or enhance your supervisory/managerial skills and hands on experience in a complex charity shop environment.
- Gain experience of working in a retail environment being part of an international Team
- Be trained in shop management to the level of deputy manager.
- Lunch costs and reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam policies.
24 September 2016 although applications will be considered as they are received.