This is an exciting time to be a part of Oxfam and its work to end poverty.
Oxfam's has over 23,000 volunteers in its network of shops; they are integral to Oxfam's mission of achieving a just world without poverty.
Our aspiration is to increase this number by recruiting from a much wider and diverse range of communities across the UK.
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals to volunteer in the Birmingham area as Assistant Recruitment Managers.
You will lead locally on:
- creating and building on partnerships with our local communities in order to recruit a diverse pool of volunteers.
- utilising social media and other approaches to reach a wider audience and to increase number the of number of volunteering enquiries and applicants.
- promoting Oxfam's national recruitment campaigns in partnership with the Volunteer Resourcing Manager.
- mentoring local volunteer recruiters in Oxfam shops in Birmingham.
- creating realistic volunteer recruitment action plans.
- holding information sessions for groups of prospective volunteer applicants.
Training and ongoing support will be provided
Ideally you would be available between 1 to 3 days a week for 3 to 6 months.
Volunteer Resourcing Manager
Central and East Anglia Region