We are looking for an intern who wants to learn about the running of a retail charity shop. You will learn what the role of an Assistant Manager within Oxfam requires in a diverse shop environment. Taking on the responsibilities of the role you will be helping the shop reach its weekly targets as such helping Oxfam overcome suffering and poverty. Ideally, you will volunteer two days per week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Learning the shops operations.
- Developing leadership skills and giving excellent customer service.
- Financial reconciliation.
- Managing the shop independently on manager's days off.
- Sorting and Pricing varying product categories.
- Till Operator
- Dealing with deliveries
Skills and competencies:
- Interest in clothing or other donated product.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Some financial responsibility/confidence in handling money.
- Reliability and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will help Oxfam in this mission to build a just world without poverty.
- Learn new skills and take on responsibility.
- Understand how Oxfam makes money from donations.
- Experience gained will be valuable to anyone looking to go into retail.
- Help Oxfam make the maximum out of donations.
- Lunch costs and reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam policies.
Week starting 31 October 2016