Bids &Tenders is part of the Programme Funding Team at Oxfam. We help raise institutional funding (money from the UK government, the EU, etc) to support Oxfam's Development Programming around the world. This position will support Oxfam in applying for vital development funding and helping us to articulate the work we are already doing to an external audience. Ideally you will volunteer up to 3 days per week for a minimum of 3-6 months, based upon number of days a week worked.
This role is to work on a short-term project of helping to build up a working project database and coherent project descriptions for Oxfam's work that can be used for an external audience. This is a vital need for the Programme Funding Team as so much of what we do is dependent upon our ability to show Oxfam's amazing track record of development and humanitarian projects to potential donors.
Duties will include:
- research and fact checking for the database
- write up project descriptions, creating commercial business development collateral
- support the Bids &Tender teams in the creation of external commercial tools.
Skills and competencies:
- Fluent ability to write and read in English
- Eye for detail
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to write to an audience
- Flair and aptitude for research
- Interest in the work Oxfam does around the world to combat poverty
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will help Oxfam in this mission to build a just world without poverty
- This is a great opportunity for someone who's interested in developing a future career in the development sector
- You will get to work closely with our Bids &Tender teams and will get to find out more about institutional funding and the commercial side of development work
- Lunch costs and reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam policies.
Flexible based on candidate availability; ideally late November.