Oxfam Online Shop sells exciting donated books and music to a world-wide audience. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are interested in photography and are available for at least 2 hours a day, one day a week (but the time of day is very flexible). You will photograph the covers and illustrations of the books for sale, in our fully-equipped new base above the Oxfam Chorlton shop (across the street from our shop). It is a great opportunity to join a brand new project, develop camera and lighting techniques, as well a chance to expand basic computer skills with our
photo-editing soft ware.
You'll have training with the equipment and editing soft ware to create accurate and attractive photographs which are essential for selling online.
- Setting up the lighting equipment
- Take multiple photographs to illustrate the item for sale
- Upload and edit the photographs
- We will provide training for all the equipment and editing software, as well as an introduction and guidance to the Oxfam Online Shop.
Skills and competencies:
- An interest in photography
- Basic IT skills and competency
- Attention to detail
- Basic photography skills
- Ability to work independently, but with guidance and support
- Some book knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
- Desire to learn or develop new skills in the field of online retail
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- An opportunity to work for a global organisation and contribute towards Oxfam's mission of achieving a just world without poverty.
- References provided for future employers.
- An insight into the processes involved within e-commerce
- The opportunity to develop photography and computer skills
- Lunch and local travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's expense policy
Area Online Support Manager
494 Wilbraham Road, Chorlton cum Hardy , Manchester , M21 9AS
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
As soon as application and references have been approved.