Oxfam Online Shop sells exciting and unusual donated books and music to a world-wide audience. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are interested in books and are available for at least 3 hours a day, once a week (but the time of day is very flexible). You will research and price the donated fiction, academic and even antique books in our fully-equipped new base above the Oxfam Chorlton shop. You will then write exciting yet accurate descriptions for the items to tempt online buyers.
It is a great opportunity to join a brand new project and develop basic computer skills. You'll have training with the computer programmes, and be guided through the selling standards for Oxfam Online Shop. There are also opportunities to try photography and dispatching, if you want to expand your volunteer role.
- Research items online
- Price items according to Oxfam Online Guidelines
- Create interesting descriptions of the items, full of personality, to accurately describe what is being sold.
Skills and competencies:
- An interest in books
- Basic IT skills and competency
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, but with guidance and support
- Some book terminology knowledge would be useful but not essential
- Desire to learn or develop new skills in the field of online retail
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- An opportunity to work for a global organisation and contribute towards Oxfam's mission of achieving a just world without poverty.
- References provided for future employers.
- An insight into the processes involved within e-commerce
- The opportunity to develop computer skills
- Lunch and local travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's expense policy
Area Online Support Manager
494 Wilbraham Road, Chorlton cum Hardy , Manchester , M21 9AS
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
As soon as application and references have been approved.