Oxfam Online Shop sells exciting donated fashion and accessories to a world-wide audience. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are interested in photography and are available for at least 2 hours a day, one day a week (but the time of day is very flexible). You will photograph the donated clothes, shoes and accessories in our fully-equipped new base above the Oxfam Chorlton shop. It is a great opportunity to join a brand new project, develop camera and lighting techniques, as well a chance to expand basic computer skills with our photo-editing
You'll have training with the equipment and editing soft ware to create accurate and attractive photographs which are essential for selling online.
- Preparing the stock for photography (e.g. steaming, polishing, dressing mannequin)
- Setting up the lighting equipment
- Take multiple photographs to illustrate the item for sale
- Upload and edit the photographs
We will provide training for all the equipment and editing software, as well as an introduction and guidance to the Oxfam Online Shop
Skills and competencies:
- An interest in fashion
- Basic IT skills and competency
- Attention to detail
- Basic photography skills
- Ability to work independently, but with guidance and support
- Technical garment experience would be highly desirable but not essential
- Some clothing knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
- Desire to learn or develop new skills in the field of online retail
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- An opportunity to work for a global organisation and contribute towards Oxfam's mission of achieving a just world without poverty.
- References provided for future employers.
- An insight into the processes involved within e-commerce
- The opportunity to develop photography and computer skills
- Lunch and local travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's expense policy
Area Online Support Manager
494 Wilbraham Road, Chorlton cum Hardy , Manchester , M21 9AS
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
As soon as application and references have been approved.