Oxfam Online Shop sells exciting donated clothes and accessories to a world-wide audience. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are interested in fashion and are available for at least 3 hours a day, once a week (but the time of day is very flexible). You will research and price the donated clothes, shoes and accessories in our fully-equipped new base above the Oxfam Chorlton shop. You will then write exciting yet accurate descriptions for the items to tempt online buyers.
- Research items online
- Price items according to Oxfam Online Guidelines
- Create interesting descriptions of the items, full of personality, to accurately describe what is being sold.
We will provide training for all the equipment and computer software, as well as an introduction and guidance to the Oxfam Online Shop.
Skills and competencies:
- An interest in fashion
- Basic IT skills and competency
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, but with guidance and support
- Technical garment experience would be highly desirable but not essential
- Some clothing knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
- Desire to learn or develop new skills in the field of online retail
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- An opportunity to work for a global organisation and contribute towards Oxfam's mission of achieving a just world without poverty.
- References provided for future employers.
- An insight into the processes involved within e-commerce
- The opportunity to develop computer skills
- Lunch and local travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's expense policy
Area Online Support Manager
494 Wilbraham Road, Chorlton cum Hardy , Manchester , M21 9AS
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as application and references have been approved.