Global Humanitarian Team (GHT) HR is a centre of expertise for Humanitarian HR, providing HR support to the GHT, Regions and Countries in the resourcing, development and management of people enabling a quality humanitarian response.
Ideally you will be able to volunteer up to 3 day per week for a minimum of six months.
- General support to the HR Team on work.
- Assist with advertising of relevant humanitarian jobs.
- Recruitment assistance, e.g. long-listing, setting up interviews, meeting and greeting candidates.
- Support the administration of starters and leavers processes by organising briefings, inductions and any debriefings as needed.
- Ad hoc HR project work, for example, possibly supporting HR Officers with updating and improving Humanitarian Registers.
Skills and competencies:
- HR experience or an interest in HR.
- Good organisational skills, experience of administration roles would also be beneficial.
- Ability to deal in a tactful and professional manner with confidential information and sensitive situations.
- Ability to perform in an accurate, professional and competent manner, meeting deadlines and using initiative to help solve problems relating to own work area
- Ability to work with people from a variety of cultures who are based all over the world.
- Good English language skills are essential
- Must be competent with computers and have knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and email systems (such as Notes / Outlook).
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to create a just world without poverty.
- Experience of HR work, in particular recruitment, and administration.
- Opportunity to support the GHT in its emergency work
- Opportunity to learn more about Oxfam and its work.
- Opportunities to attend talks and other events.
- Lunch costs and reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Craig Stasiuk, HR Administrator
Phone: 01865 473912
6 April 2017. Applications will be considered as they are received.