Help our busy shop by processing its daily takings to the bank.
This role involves setting aside a cash float for the next day, counting all coins and banknotes, transferring this information to a daily record sheet and a paying-in book and then taking the money to the bank to be paid into Oxfam's central account.
Ideally, you will volunteer from 1 to 3 times a week for up to an hour.
Skills and competencies:
- A good level of numeracy and mental arithmetic
- An attention to detail
- Neat handwriting
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty
- You will be given all necessary training and support for this role
- You will gain valuable cash-handling experience in a responsible role
- References provided for future employers
- An insight into retail administration and finance
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy
Jason Kirk, Shop Manager
Oxfam Boston, 8 Wide Bargate,
Boston, Lincolnshire PE21 6RF
Telephone: 01205 368733
Week commencing Monday 17 April 2017.