Our busy shop needs to be kept safe for its staff and customers. This role ensures this.
To carry out a weekly fire alarm test, a monthly emergency lighting test and to complete the monthly Health and Safety Monitoring checklist.
The tests are carried out by inserting the appropriate key into either a fire alarm or emergency lighting unit. In the case of the fire alarm, the system will then need to be reset by pressing specified buttons on the main control box. After the tests have been completed, a straightforward records sheet is then completed. Full training will be given.
Ideally, you will volunteer one day per week.
Skills and competencies:
- An attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, but with guidance and support
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic administration skills
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty
- The opportunity of a responsible, worthwhile role in a global organisation
- References provided for future employers.
- An insight into the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy
Jason Kirk, Shop Manager
Oxfam Boston, 8 Wide Bargate,
Boston, Lincolnshire PE21 6RF
Telephone: 01205 368733
Week commencing Monday 17 April 2017.