The Oxfam Online Shop sells exciting donated items to a world-wide audience. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help with this growing project.
Ideally, you will volunteer 1 day per week up to 2 hours.
- Research items online
- Price items according to Oxfam Online Guidelines
- Create interesting descriptions of the items, full of personality, to accurately describe what is being sold.
We will provide training for all the equipment and computer software, as well as an introduction and guidance to the Oxfam Online Shop.
Skills and competencies:
- Basic IT skills and competency
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, but with guidance and support
- Some knowledge of the aforementioned product areas would be advantageous but not essential
- Desire to learn or develop new skills in the field of online retail
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty
- References provided for future employers.
- An insight into the processes involved within e-commerce
- The opportunity to develop computer skills
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy
Jason Kirk, Shop Manager
Oxfam Boston, 8 Wide Bargate,
Boston, Lincolnshire PE21 6RF
Telephone: 01205 368733
Week commencing Monday 17 April 2017.