This role is perfect for those who wish to gain experience for marketing, food, events or Social Media. You should be passionate about food and food politics. A desire to become familiar with Fairtrade policies and the Companies whose products Oxfam Sales is a necessity. Your role will be to help raise awareness of the New Products range through Social Media (additional training will be provided) and events, a number of which will take place off site within the Borough of Ealing. Occasionally meeting (in shop) with the Ealing Fairtrade Network (and the wider London
Network) to plan events. You will support the Area head of Social Media with the opportunity to take on more responsibilities.
There is wide scope to creatively contribute to the planning of events. While there an exciting program currently being delivered. Ideally, you will volunteer up 3 days per week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Promote special events and offers;
- Learn the literature on Oxfam's New Products range and understand the role of Fairtrade.
- Turn new followers into new customers & identify potential Press Stories & audiences
- Target food interests Social Media accounts & specific age range to drive up online engagement through Twitter, Instagram Facebook etc.
Skills and competencies:
- Willing to learn about Social Media.
- Creating new tweets and Facebook and Instagram content.
- A positive attitude and willingness to get involved.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Reliable, good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Take responsibility & be accountable
- A talent for Trending
- An interest in food, Food Politics, Fairtrade and the products of Fairtrade Companies
- Ideal for those interested in or have experience Food industry, PR, creative sectors, photographers, writers and journalists. Students and professionals are all welcome, we are open to other skill sets as well.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty.
- This role is perfect for those who wish to work in marketing, food, events or Social Media.
- Opportunity to develop a wide range of organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Gain confidence in pursuing a career in media and other creative fields.
- A good preparation for a career in campaigning.
- A chance to work in a friendly environment and get involved in your local community.
- Enhance your CV by working for a world renowned charity.
- An Oxfam reference can be provided after three months.
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Ernest - Shop Manager
020 8579 6532
34 New Broadway, Ealing, London W5 2XA
Interviews are ongoing until 21 April 2017.
Week commencing on 2 March 2017.