Oxfam St John's Wood is a busy Music & Book shop selling a range of second hand Music goods and Books in the heart of St John's Wood. We are looking for volunteers to promote the unique character of the shop to its target audience. You will join part of a larger area group working on Social Media in different shops. This will include temporary projects on Oxjam London. Ideally, you will volunteer 30 minutes for 5 days a week or a regular 4 hours shift up to 3 days per week. All aspects of social media will be involved - from identifying
target audiences, to being up to date with trends and current affairs. This is a great opportunity to join our diverse team and try something new. You will later have the option to work from home.
- Promote awareness of Oxfam's need for volunteers.
- Make social media the gateway to volunteering for Oxfam.
- Promote special events and offers;
- Provide an overview of what is going on in the St John's Wood shop as well as the online shop.
- Learn the literature on Oxfam's New Products range and understand the role of Fair-trade.
- Be responsible for quality control and identify potential audiences and stories;
- Target specific age range to drive up online engagement through Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Promote initiatives that Oxfam is involved in such as Oxjam. Fairtrade. No Land Grabs, #SugarRush and the #eyesonParis and #ClimateChange campaigns.
Skills and competencies:
- Active interest in social media.
- Be innovative in creating new tweets and Facebook and Instagram content.
- A positive attitude and willingness to get involved.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Reliable, good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Take responsibility and be accountable
- A talent for Trending
- An interest in fashion, jewellery, books, music, film or antiques would be an asset but is not essential.
- Ideal for those interested in PR, creative sectors, photographers, writers and journalists. Students and professionals are welcome. We are open to other skill sets as well.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty.
- Opportunity to develop a wide range of organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Gain confidence in pursuing a career in media and other creative fields.
- A good preparation for a career in campaigning.
- A chance to work in a friendly environment and get involved in your local community.
- Enhance your CV by working for a world renowned charity.
- An Oxfam reference can be provided after three months.
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Ancuta David - Shop Manager
Oxfam St John's Wood
61 High St, St John's Wood, London. NW8 7NL
Phone: 020 7722 5969
To be confirmed. All applications will be considered as they have been received.