The Service Desk Analyst is part of the Service Desk function which provides colleagues of Oxfam GB with technical assistance. You will be working collaboratively with other members of the Information Systems department to resolve common technical issues.
This is a great opportunity for those seeking a greater insight into the functioning of an IT department in a large organisation.
Ideally, you will be able to volunteer between 1 to 3 days per week.
The role will involve dealing with a range of different queries. These include:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all service related queries.
- Logging all calls made to the Service Desk in detail to ensure an effective resolution is achieved.
- Collecting timely and accurate user satisfaction data regarding the quality of customer support service provided.
- Ensuring that no illegal or unsupported software is installed on Oxfam equipment.
- Providing solutions to technical problems and supporting the long-term response strategy.
- Providing technical and procedural support and guidance for all Oxfam application.
- Managing and maintaining desktop security, in line with organisational standards (e.g. password, patches, DR).
- Supporting the implementation of software and/or hardware by working in line with Oxfam business requirements, following relevant internal policies and procedures.
Skills and competencies:
- A good understanding of IT (however, training will be provided).
- Willingness to learn.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Reliable, good attention to detail and ability to prioritise work.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to create a just world without poverty.
- Experience of working with a very wide range of technologies.
- Opportunity to develop your IT knowledge.
- Enhance your ability to solve problems quickly and work under pressure.
- Lunch costs and reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Service Desk Team Leader
John Smith Drive
Tel: 01865 473464
Please complete the Volunteer Application Form and send it to the address above. You may also include your CV if you wish.
Due to the high level of responsibility involved in working with IT systems, volunteers will be asked to undergo enhanced DBS check.
11 October 2016 but applications will be considered as they are received.