This very busy books and music shop is looking for a volunteer that can organise, compile and maintain accurate financial records and submit the relevant information to Oxfam's finance office on a weekly basis. Our shop currently trades 9.15-5.15pm Monday-Saturday.
Ideally, you will be able to volunteer 1 day per week minimum of 3 hours.
- Collating figures.
- Submitting paperwork online and creating copy for the shop's finance paperwork storage.
- Reporting on any financial discrepancies.
- Working in partnership with the shop manager to relay information to the team.
Skills and competencies:
- Aptitude for working with figures.
- Admin, book-keeping, cashier experience is desired but not essential as full training will be given.
- Organisational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty.
- Good team working environment.
- Learn new skills in finance.
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Oxfam Books & Music
2 Brentgovel Street
Bury St Edmunds
Tel: 01284 760666
Please email, phone or pop in to receive an application form and bring it to the shop when we invite you to come for your initial chat. Do not attach a CV.
14 October 2016 although applications will be considered as they are received.