We are looking for a volunteer recruiter to help us recruit more volunteers for this very busy Oxfam shop. Ultimately the shop manager is accountable for recruitment and the number of volunteers recruited. The volunteer recruiter role is an asset to any shop team and can assist the shop manager with inductions and volunteer recruitment events.
4 hours minimum, longer hours are available, weekly or fortnightly flexible commitment, any day Monday to Saturday am or pm.
- Research/contact internal and external volunteer organisations.
- Organising promotional events.
- Compiling press releases/stories.
- Follow up on potential volunteer opportunities passed onto shops.
- Work with Shop Manager on volunteer requirements.
- Arrange taster days in-store.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to work as part of a fun and friendly team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to plan and organise own workload.
- Able to work on own initiative as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills keeping shop diary up to date.
- Willing to undertake training to accumulate an understanding of Oxfam's values of empowerment, inclusivity and accountability.
- Drive to achieve results.
- Basic IT skills, familiar with Microsoft Office
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Contribute to Oxfam's goal of achieving a just world without poverty.
- Good team working environment.
- Learn new skills.
- References provided to future employers
- Certificate of thanks on completion of training
- Lunch & Travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's local expense policy.
Shop Manager: Sam Palmer
Telephone: 01276 684831
Address: 41A Frimley High Street
The shop manager will contact you to arrange an initial chat to explain the nature of the role once you have made contact and give you an opportunity to have a tour of the shop and meet some of the team.
Once suitable references have been received the manager will discuss with you a mutually convenient start date.