You will have an opportunity to learn new skills in addition to sharing your skills with others on the team, including online selling. We aim to update our social media channels daily with relevant promotional information and to keep in touch with our valued friends. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one 4 hour shift per week. All volunteers have the opportunity for an initial volunteer taster session. After the first week trial our volunteer recruiter
or shop manager will be on hand to confirm any further shifts available.
- Marketing donated products and events on social media.
- Helping to identify suitable stock for online sales.
Skills and competencies:
- Reliability and enthusiasm.
- A genuine interest in charity retail.
- A keen interest in retail, specifically men's, women's and children's fashion, as well as antiques and collectables.
- Basic computer skills with attention to detail.
- Experience of buying/selling online or willing to learn.
- Knowledge and experience of social media.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to achieve a just world without poverty.
- The opportunity to gain and share skills.
- The opportunity to gain an insight into the skills required to make a profit for Oxfam through online sales
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Please email, phone or pop in to receive an application form and bring it to the shop when we invite you to come for your initial chat. Do not attach a CV.
25 October 2016
Applications will be considered as they are received.