We are looking for a volunteer recruiter to help us recruit more volunteers for this very busy Oxfam shop. The volunteer recruiter role is an asset to any shop team and can assist the shop manager with inductions and volunteer recruitment events. Ideally You will volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours weekly or fortnightly (longer hours are available). Any day from Monday to Saturday am or pm.
- Research/contact internal and external volunteer organisations.
- Organize promotional events.
- Compile press releases/stories.
- Follow up on potential volunteer opportunities passed onto shops.
- Work with Shop Manager on volunteer requirements.
- Arrange taster days in-store.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to work as part of a fun and friendly team.
- Excellent communication skills, adaptability and flexibility.
- Able to plan and organise own workload.
- Able to work on own initiative as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills keeping shop diary up to date, attention to detail.
- Basic IT skills, familiar with Microsoft Office
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will help Oxfam in this mission to build a just world without poverty
- Good team working environment.
- Learn new skills.
- References provided to future employers
- Certificate of thanks on completion of training
- Lunch costs and reasonable travel expenses can be in line with Oxfam Policies.
25 October 2016
Applications will be considered as they are received.