As a shift leader you will be the focal point for the smooth running of this online shop in the manager's absence. You will help to ensure that correct procedures are followed, in an effort to maximise sales. You will be joining a diverse, friendly and committed team who believe in Oxfam's values and try to make a difference through a well run online operation.
- Ensure good teamwork and smooth running within the online shop under the direction of the shop manager and empowered to run a shift in the manager's absence (once fully trained).
- Maintain a basic overview of the health and safety of volunteers during the shift.
- Sorting through donations and preparing them for sale/suitability for online sale
- Assisting the backroom sorting team to maintain an organised and safe working environment
Skills and competencies:
- Reliability and ability to maximise online sales potential.
- Ability to work within this Oxfam online shop's guidelines.
- Ability to work well within a team and to be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities to a team effectively.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- The opportunity to contribute to Oxfam's goal of achieving a just world without poverty.
- The chance to gain valuable experience in eCommerce
- The opportunity to gain and or improve your customer service, leadership, team working and management skills.
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be covered in line with Oxfam's policy.
Shop Manager: Pamela Russell
Oxfam Newport Pagnell
70 High Street
TEL: 01908 615320
The Shop Manager will contact you to arrange an informal initial chat once your application has been received
On receipt of suitable references the Shop Manager will liaise with you to arrange a mutually convenient start date.