Oxfam Acocks Green is looking for volunteers who wish to develop both their people and retail skills in a friendly and fun environment. This is a responsible and interesting retail volunteering opportunity. No previous experience in the charity sector is required as full training will be provided.
Ideally, you will be able to volunteer on a Saturday but other days may be available.
You will be supervising a small team on a Saturday in the manager's absence. This is great opportunity to develop leadership skills and to work with a friendly and diverse team.
Skills and competencies:
- Reliable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Numerate and good computer skills.
- A genuine interest in charity retail.
- Ability to delegate tasks and lead a shift of volunteers.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty.
- Opportunity to gain an insight into the skills needed to oversee a busy charity shop.
- Good team working environment.
- Lunch and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Shop Manager, Oxfam Shop Acocks Green
1142 Warwick Road
Please email, phone or pop in to receive an application form and bring it to the shop when we invite you to come for your initial chat. Do not attach a CV.