As a shift leader you will be the focal point for the smooth running of this online shop in the manager's absence. You will help to ensure that correct procedures are followed, in an effort to maximise sales. You will be joining a diverse, friendly and committed team who believe in Oxfam's values and try to make a difference through a well run online operation. Ideally you will be able to offer to cover at least one 5 hour shift each week but we would welcome an application to cover more.
- Ensure good teamwork and smooth running within the online shop in the manager's absence (when fully trained).
- Maintain a basic overview of the health and safety of volunteers during the shift.
Skills and competencies:
- Reliability and ability to maximise online sales potential.
- Ability to work within this Oxfam online shop's guidelines.
- Ability to work well within a team and to be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities to a team effectively.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- This is an opportunity to help Oxfam's mission of achieving a just world without poverty.
- Full training will be given before you are asked to run the online shop in the absence of the manager.
- The chance to gain valuable experience in eCommerce
- The opportunity to gain and or improve your customer service, leadership, team working and management skills.
- Lunch expenses and reasonable local travel costs can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Online recruitment team
41 Hamilton Road, Felixstowe
IP11 7BB Suffolk
Tel: 01394 270679
15 November 2016
Applications will be processed upon request.