The Gravesend Oxfam Shop is a busy store where we aim to attract new supporters every day. We are looking for someone who is able to offer support during Sunday trading.
- Supervise a team in a variety of tasks.
- Processing donations, stock rotation.
- Providing an excellent customer service.
- Help maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Serving and dealing with the public.
- Tidying, re-stocking and merchandising the shop as required.
- Answering queries about Oxfam and products offered for sale.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Friendly and helpful.
- Confident at communicating with the public and volunteers.
- Honesty, reliability, integrity and a commitment to the shop and Oxfam's values.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently when trained.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty.
- Training and ongoing support.
- A chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Gain valuable experience and new skills.
- Gain insight into the skills needed to oversee a busy charity shop floor.
- Reasonable local travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
166 Windmill Street
Tel: 01474 332206