The Oxfam Shop Support team help shops to find solutions to their queries through an efficient one-stop service by either telephone or email. We also answer questions from the public, helping shops maintain high levels of customer service and promoting their business.
Ideally you will be able to volunteer up to 3 days per week (flexible).
- Work as part of a team to provide a friendly and helpful service to Oxfam shops and other departments.
- Answering email and telephone queries in a clear and positive way
- Browsing for information on a computer
- Dealing with a range of issues of varying complexity
- Working with colleagues to support shops to make decisions
- Communicating with other departments within Oxfam
Skills and competencies:
- Comfortable speaking on the phone
- Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence using the computer, including ability to use email and browse the internet.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office would be advantageous, particularly Word and Excel.
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively.
- Enthusiasm to be part of a team and assist team members as required
- Able to use initiative and solve problems
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will help Oxfam in this mission to build a just world without poverty.
- A chance to learn more about Oxfam's Trading Division
- Invaluable office experience including ongoing support, skills development and appropriate training
- Opportunity to meet a wide variety of people
- Being involved in a busy (but friendly) working environment.
- Reasonable local travel expenses and lunch costs can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy
Week commencing 28 November 2016
3 January 2017 (flexible)