Oxfam Books & Music is looking for volunteers who wish to develop both their people and retail skills in a friendly and fun environment. This very busy shop situated in the attractive market town of Bury St Edmunds, trades as both a shop which is open to the public and also has an online operation trading on multiple online channels. This is a responsible and interesting charity retail volunteering opportunity. No previous experience in the charity sector is required as full training will be provided.
Ideally, you will be able to volunteer on a Saturday for training and then transfer to Sundays.
You will be supervising a small team at the weekend either with the manager or in the manager's absence. This is great opportunity to develop leadership skills and to work with a friendly and diverse team.
Skills and competencies:
- Reliable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Numerate and good computer skills.
- A genuine interest in charity retail.
- Ability to delegate tasks and lead a shift of volunteers.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty.
- Opportunity to gain an insight into the skills needed to oversee a busy charity shop.
- Good team working environment.
- Lunch and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Shop Manager: Else Lennox
2 Brentgovel Street, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1EA
Telephone: 01284 760666
The Shop Manager will contact you once your application has been received to invite you for an initial chat and invite you to take a look around the shop and online shop environment.
On receipt of suitable references the Shop manager will arrange with you your start date.