Oxfam Market Harborough is looking for a volunteer who wishes to develop both their people and retail skills in a friendly and fun environment. This is a very busy trading period in the run up to the festive season and our local donors donate large volumes of stock at this time of year. This very busy Oxfam shop is offering this exciting volunteering opportunity and no previous experience in the charity sector is required as full training will be provided.
Ideally, you will be able to volunteer on a Saturday for training and then transfer to Sundays.
You will be supervising a small team at the weekend either with the manager present or in the manager's absence, once trained. This is great opportunity to develop leadership skills and to work with a friendly and diverse team.
Skills and competencies:
- Reliable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Numerate and good computer skills.
- A genuine interest in charity retail.
- Ability to delegate tasks and lead a shift of volunteers.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty.
- Opportunity to gain an insight into the skills needed to oversee a busy charity shop.
- Good team working environment.
- Lunch and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Shop Manager: Tracy Betts
Address: 5 High Street, Market Harborough
Telephone: 01858 433231