Oxfam Shops provide an essential source of income for Oxfam's work. In this role you will gain valuable work experience in the area of finance by assisting with the recording and processing of the shop income and/or associated expenditure for all of Oxfam's shops.
We can offer a range of volunteering arrangements that best suits your needs - the minimum requirement is either 1 day or 2 half days per week. We can also offer work placements which are agreed on an individual basis.
Please note that you must be aged 18 or over to apply for this role.
- Logging in, inputting and checking shop income returns.
- Bank reconciliation work.
- Processing gift aid information.
- Checking, inputting and paying invoices.
- Problem solving and dealing with queries.
- Customer care/phone answering.
- Opening, sorting and distributing mail.
Skills and competencies:
- Good basic numeracy.
- Good attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of or a willingness to learn IT skills.
- Organised approach to work.
- Good team worker/good interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Contribute to Oxfam's goal of achieving a just world without poverty.
- Experience of working in a finance and office environment.
- Travel and lunch expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Newcastle Finance Office
Cale Cross House
156 Pilgrim Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 2210626
Applications will be considered as they are received.
Whenever suits applicant.
To be agreed with applicant.