What is it?
Oxfam's Constituency Campaigners programme offers training and support to help you influence politicians on international issues. With events, workshops and hands-on experience, you'll be building your skills, techniques and confidence to make persuasive cases that influence councillors, politicians and the UK government.
- Persuasive writing skills
- Meeting your MP
- Innovative ways to influence
- Influencing your MEP
What you'll do
- Meet with, and write to, your MP and other local decision-makers.
- Engage local politicians via twitter and other social media.
- Provide feedback on local activity and your MP's policy position to your Oxfam staff contact and your local Oxfam group.
- Organise/support public events involving political representatives.
- Identify and take campaigning actions (often at short notice) as opportunities arise.
- Attend training and events.
Induction Day for all new entrants:
Our next induction session will be in October 2014.
Email email@example.com for further information.
How to apply
To find out more information and apply, visit www.oxfam.org.uk/ccp.