Our purpose is to work together to overcome poverty and suffering.
As an integral member of the activism team, you will have a varied role - including anything from supporting our existing activists to researching new opportunities within the region.
This internship is a great opportunity for someone looking to move in to campaigning and volunteer management as a career.
Frequency: 3 days a week plus some evening and weekend work as and when needed.
- Manage aspects of the three year Oxfam - Eden Project partnership, Growing a Better Future; including recruitment of volunteers, training, monitoring and creative campaign communication planning and delivery.
- Plan and run community campaign events such as Fresher Fairs, Behind the Brands, and other regional events.
- Establish links and partnerships with regional community groups and support them to get involved with Oxfam's campaigns and organise relevant events.
- Plan and contribute to the delivery of regional bi annual training events.
- Communicate relevant events and activities taking place to town and student campaign networks.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, works well in collaboration with others.
- Ability to understand complex information and to present in an easily communicable format.
- Effectively manages own time and workload.
- Initiative to come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Passion to get involved in Oxfam's campaigns.
- A knowledge of and commitment to Oxfam's aims.
- Project management (Desirable).
- Event Production (Desirable).
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- The unique opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people living in poverty and suffering worldwide.
- Develop new and existing skills, and gain invaluable and varied knowledge of campaigning and managing supporters and the charity sector.
- The opportunity to significantly enhance your CV while working for one of the world's leading charities.
- Experience in recruiting and motivating volunteers.
- Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's volunteering policy where agreed.
Oxfam South West
Brunswick Court, Brunswick Square, Bristol, BS2 8PE
2nd August at 12.00 noon.
Week commencing 19th August