The Events & Community Fundraising Team at Oxfam inspires people to give their time, talents and enthusiasm to raise money for Oxfam.
This short term role will focus on supporting the Events Team to deliver some of our Autumn Season running events:
- Run To The Beat
- Royal Parks Half Marathon
- Trailwalker 100km Challenge Celebration Evening.
We aim to deliver market leading running events ensuring that participants, volunteers and friends & family receive the best possible experience, before, during and after the event.
This internship is a great opportunity for anyone looking for experience in project management, events management, or of working in the charity sector.
The successful applicant will report to the Operations Executive within the Events Team.
Frequency: 3 days per week (we don 't mind which days!) plus Sunday 8th September and Sunday 6th October.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months.
Click Here to View Our Video
You will play a key role helping to deliver Oxfam's Autumn Season events. Your role will include:
- Manage the event materials, before, during and after the event. Materials include, banners, signs, t-shirts, donated goods. We have a storeroom and this will include organisation of the room, audits of available stock, and helping others to find what they need.
- Help to source ethical gifts in kind from external organisations for use at events (tea, coffee, biscuits, give-aways). This could be by phone or email, and you will receive support on how to do this so that you feel comfortable.
- Maintain and develop social media activity (mainly Facebook and Twitter) to promote to, inform and enthuse our volunteers.
- Review website content to make sure that our information is up to date (no technical knowledge required).
- Produce communications for our event volunteers- write, emails to 100+ active Oxfam event volunteers to make sure that they know what to expect, and are happy about their role.
- Help to allocate volunteer roles for event days.
- Assist with event evaluations - we'd be keen to hear your ideas for any improvements we can make!
Please note: we are looking for someone to be available any 3 days per week and on the following weekend days:
- Run To The Beat - 08 Sept 2013
- Royal Parks Half Marathon - 06 Oct 2013
- Trailwalker 100k Celebration - Mid Oct (date TBC)
N.B. Transport will be provided for all events.