The role will involve assisting the Shop Manager in running a lively shop, providing a relevant training to gain managerial experience.
Frequency: 3 days per week for 3-6 months.
- Assist the Manager in the daily running of the shop;
- Opening and closing of the shop;
- Assist the Manager in the training and recruitment of new volunteers;
- Cash handling and administrative tasks;
- Understand the work that Oxfam does as a charity and the importance of the Gift Aid Scheme.
Skills and competencies:
- A willingness to learn
- Team working skills as well as capacity to work on your own initiative
- Commitment and Reliability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Sharing Oxfam values
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Gain experience of working in a retail environment being part of an international team
- Learn new skills
- Help Oxfam to overcome poverty and suffering
- Training and operate as an Assistant Manager
Angela Palmieri, Shop Manager
Tel: 020 7435 8628