Epsom Shop is a fast-growing general shop. This means we sell everything from used clothing to homewares. We have a diverse team of volunteers who seek to give their best in ensuring all goods sold from this shop are of the highest possible standard.
We already have a dedicated and hardworking homewares volunteer but he needs someone who can help him run our busy and successful section.
Ideally you should be able to offer two 4-hour shifts but possibly more if you are keen to expand the role.
- Identifying and valuing saleable items from donated stock.
- Pricing items within the shop pricing guidelines and policy
- Merchandising and displaying stock on the shop floor
Skills and competencies:
- Enthusiasm, a positive attitude and reliability.
- Responsible and organised.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work using own initiative
- An interest in all aspects of homewares.
- Ability to use the internet to research values online.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- The opportunity to contribute to Oxfam's goal of overcoming poverty and suffering.
- Full training.
- An enjoyable working environment.
- The potential thrill of finding rare and valuable objects.
- Lunch and travel expenses can be paid in line with Oxfam's policy.
Anne Roberts, Shop Manager
55 High Street
01372 728207 or 07791 508596
First of all, do call in for an informal chat with the shop manager.
Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and send to the email address above.