Epsom Shop is a fast growing general shop. This means we sell everything from used clothing to homewares. We have a diverse team of volunteers who seek to give their best in ensuring all goods sold from this shop are of the highest possible standard.
We need an organised and efficient office administrator to join our friendly and diverse team.
- Keeping the (small) office organised and tidy.
- Ensuring that we have adequate stationery and shop supplies and re-ordering when stocks get low.
- Designing simple posters and notices.
- Collecting donations from local houses and possibly visiting other Oxfam shops.
- If the volunteer is interested, this role could be expanded to include compiling the monthly figures and carrying out regular health and safety checks.
- Ideally you will be able to fill at least two 4-hour shifts.
Skills and competencies:
- You would need to be familiar with computers and have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and possibly Excel.
- Enthusiasm, a positive attitude and reliability.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- The opportunity to contribute to Oxfam's goal of overcoming poverty and suffering.
- Training in an admin/office based role.
- An enjoyable working environment.
- Experience of an administrative position.
- Lunch and travel expenses can be paid in line with Oxfam's policy.
Anne Roberts, Shop Manager
55 High Street
01372 728207 or 07791 508596
First of all, do call in for an informal chat with the shop manager.
Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and send to the email address above.