Epsom Shop is a fast growing general shop. This means we sell everything from used clothing to homewares. We have a lively and diverse team of volunteers who seek to give their best in ensuring all goods sold from this shop are of the highest possible standard.
Come and join us and help in the fight against poverty. You will work as part of a team to make sure that we are selling good quality fashion and accessories for the right price and help to display and merchandise these items. It does not matter if you are a novice or experienced with fashion/accessories; you will receive all the training and support needed for this role.
Ideally you will be able to work for a minimum of two 4-hour shifts a week. We especially need volunteers for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
- Customer Service on shop floor
- Possibly operating the till
- Sorting through incoming donated stock, and deciding what is and isn't saleable
- Pricing items
- Display in shop and replenish as required
- Ensuring that items are displayed attractively in the shop in order to maximize sales
- Culling shop floor items & recycling non-saleable goods
- Keeping the backroom in a tidy and organised state
Skills and competencies:
- A knowledge and/or interest in fashion/clothing
- Good self-motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to get along with others and work as part of a team
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Valuable retail/fashion experience
- Opportunity of working within a team
- The opportunity to contribute to Oxfam's goal of overcoming poverty and suffering.
- Training will be given.
- A fun working environment.
- Lunch and travel expenses can be paid in line with Oxfam's policy.
Anne Roberts, Shop Manager
55 High Street
01372 728207 or 07791 508596
First of all, do call in for an informal chat with the shop manager.
Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and send to the email address above.