This is a good opportunity to volunteer in a vibrant and fast paced Oxfam shop. You will be joining an existing team helping us to make the most out of donations, meeting and serving our customers, and enjoying being part of a friendly shop.
We are looking for someone who can offer at least one 4-hour shift per week.
The shop opens Mon-Sat (10.00am-18.00pm). Sunday (11.00am-16.00pm)
- Identify items from donated stock that are suitable for sale.
- Identifying potential high value items.
- Maintaining high standards of presentation.
- Culling clothes and home-wares as required.
- Delivering excellent customer service.
- Creating visually interesting window displays.
Skills and competencies:
- Interest in fashion.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliability and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work within agreed shop guidelines.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills with Oxfam. You will contribute to Oxfam's goal of achieving a just world without poverty. You will be given the space to develop yourself in a friendly, diverse and at times challenging environment. You'll be able to build up your customer service skills, team working skills, and financial transactions skills.
Lunch and travel expenses can be paid in line with Oxfam's policy.