We have a well established book section with a well established customer base. We now need to expand our book team and build on these sales. You'll be working alongside great people in our fantastic newly refurbished shop.
You should be able to offer at least one four hour shift per week.
1. Sorting and pricing donations to shop standard.
2. Merchandising and managing shop floor stock to shop standard.
3. Using online resources to ascertain prices (where appropriate).
4. Preparing stock for window display and in store promotions.
5. Thinking of ways to secure more book donations.
Skills and competencies:
1. An idea of what titles/genres/authors are on trend would be beneficial.
2. The ability to apply initiative to sorting/pricing (taking into account all factors set out in our sorting/pricing guides).
3. Ability to work well both alone and as part of a team.
4. Attention to detail.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
1. The opportunity to be part of a cracking team raising funds for Oxfam.
2. The chance to see this already popular section grow and grow.
3. Training in how to use online resources to value books.
4. Up-to-date reference for your C.V after 3 months.
5. Local travel costs and lunch expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam policy.