This is a great opportunity to volunteer in a vibrant Oxfam shop, and an opportunity to help in the fight against poverty. You will work as part of a team to make sure that we are selling good quality items for the right price. You will help to display and merchandise these items. It does not matter if you are a novice or experienced with clothing/accessories - you will receive all the training and support needed for this role
Preferably two 4-hours shifts per week.
- Sorting through incoming donated stock, and deciding what is and isn't saleable, according to Oxfam's retail standards, and Trading Standards rules.
- Valuing and pricing within the shop pricing guidelines and policy ready for the shop floor.
- Utilising tools and guidelines from Oxfam and from the Shop Manager in order to keep up with current trends.
- Display in shop and replenish as required.
- Ensuring that items are displayed attractively in the shop in order to maximise sales.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure that clothing is sorted to a high standard
- An interest and knowledge in clothing and current trends
- Reliability and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work within agreed shop guidelines
- Willingness to learn (training given)
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Gain experience of working in a retail environment
- Help Oxfam to overcome poverty and suffering
- The unique opportunity to develop existing skills
- An opportunity to meet new people