Our Online shop has great potential for expansion, and we are looking for a volunteer that wants to be part of pushing the project forward. You will be joining an existing team helping us to make the most out of the donated books. You'll be helping the management of deliveries, and sorting and pricing of shop quality stock. Getting involved in research of rare, unusual and antiquarian books are also part this role.
Frequency: Usually 2 days a week, flexible hours.
- Identify books from donated stock that are suitable for sale in our bookshop.
- Identifying potentially high value items, being able to sort different types of book.
- Answering customer queries regarding books.
- Posting orders.
- Interact with customers, and maintain a high quality of service delivery
- Entering (through computer-scanning) books and CDs to our online system in order to increase the inventory.
Skills and competencies:
- Interest in books/online selling.
- Ability to start and finish on time / punctuality skill.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Reliability and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Time Management.
- Good IT skills are essential.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills with Oxfam. You will be given the space to develop your leadership and management skills in a friendly, diverse and at times challenging environment. We have a large network of retail outlets, and other divisions, both national and international. The right candidate will make full use of these opportunities. We offer a structured role that will develop, interest and challenge. As one of the biggest international organizations, Oxfam can help its volunteers by helping them gaining new skills while improving the ones they already
have which are extremely important in world of work (something that can make them stand out for future employers).
Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's Volunteering Policy where agreed.
2-4 High Street
tel: 0208 503 6334