The Oxfam Shop in Goodramgate, York arranges for the sale of some of its donated stock through "Oxfam On-line". This is an interesting opportunity to get involved in this work whilst helping to raise money for Oxfam's important work.
Ideally you will be able to offer at least 4 hours/week.
1. Selecting, photographing and cataloguing donated clothing.
2. Describing items via online shop listing tool and uploading information to website.
3. Researching items in order to describe accurately and achieve best price.
4. Packaging of sold items for dispatch in post.
Skills and competencies:
1. Basic computer skills.
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Some knowledge of fashion/clothing.
4. Good attention to detail.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
1. Experience in the developing e-commerce sector of the retail market.
2. Improve general administrative and computer skills.
3. Develop product knowledge of clothing.
4. Travel expenses can be reimbursed.
5. Make a contribution to Oxfam's work fighting poverty.
Chris Hall (Deputy Manager)