This is an exciting volunteer opportunity to join a small, friendly team running all areas of an Oxfam shop, based in Great Barr near Birmingham. If you have a few hours to spare for a great cause, are looking for variety and want to make new friends then this is the job for you - you will never be bored!
If you are interested, please pop in and talk to one of the shop team; we'll be happy to show you around.
The shop (in the Scott Arms Shopping Centre) is easily accessed by bus 51 from Walsall or Birmingham and bus 46 from West Bromwich.
You should be able to offer at least one shift (minimum 3 hours) once a week, for at least 3 months.
1. Serving customers and operating the till in friendly, welcoming manner.
2. Sorting, steaming and pricing clothes.
3. Sorting and pricing books and bric-a-brac.
4. Helping with general house keeping.
Skills and competencies:
1. Friendly personality
2. Reliable and able to work as part of a team.
3. Willingness to learn (training will be given).
5. Versatility, being willing to work in different areas of the shop.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
1. The chance to make a real contribution to Oxfam's work in fighting poverty.
2. The opportunity to be part of a small friendly team.
3. The chance to boost your confidence and to develop retail and customer service skills.
4. An interesting and varied experience of voluntary work - you will never be bored!
5. Full training will be given for all aspects of the role.
6. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Oxfam Great Barr, 962 Walsall Road, Great Barr, West Midlands, B42 1TQ
Tel: 0121 358 5327