Love Syria and win tickets to Glastonbury
Suzanne Rodrigues Editorial Assistant in Oxfam's Digital Communications Team
31st May 2013
It's the hottest ticket of the summer, and as usual Glastonbury sold out ridiculously quickly this year. But there's one last chance for you to win a pair of tickets to the UK's biggest music festival.
All this summer, we'll be taking our new 'Love Syria' campaign everywhere from Glastonbury and Womad to Reading and Bestival. As part of the campaign, we're asking people at festivals to show their love for the people of Syria, who are suffering an unprecedented crisis. So to get 'Love Syria' started, we're simply asking you to share our new Syria infographic (which we'll be posting on social media on the morning of 4 June) on your social network of choice - retweet us, repin it on Pinterest, reblog it on Tumblr, or share it on Facebook and Google+, the
choice is yours.
Every share will not only count as an entry to our Glastonbury competition, but will also help to spread the word about how Oxfam is helping people across the region and why it's so important for us all to stand behind the people of Syria.
So help us to kick off Love Syria with a bang, spread the word about the amazing work we're doing in the country, and as a bonus you and a friend could be checking out The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys and hundreds more in a few weeks' time.
Watch the following spaces on Tuesday morning (4 June) and good luck!
- Oxfam GB on Facebook
- Oxfam GB on Twitter
- Oxfam GB on Pinterest
- Oxfam GB on Tumblr
- Oxfam GB on Google+
Terms and conditions
1. The prize is entry for two to Glastonbury Festival, 26-30 June 2013.
2. The prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over.
3. The prize draw is not open to employees or agencies of Oxfam GB, their family members or anyone else connected to the prize draw.
4. Entry into the prize draw is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. To enter the prize draw, share the Oxfam Syria graphic on your social networks between 9.00am Tuesday 4 June and 9.00am Wednesday 5 June. One 'share' counts as an entry into the competition.
6. To be eligible to enter the prize draw, you must retweet @oxfamgb, repin from Oxfam's Pinterest account, share Oxfam GB's Facebook post publicly, reblog from oxfamgb.tumblr.com or share publicly from Oxfam GB on Google+ when we upload and post the infographic on the morning of 4 June.
7. Social networks included in the competition: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Google+.
8. Shares on other social networks are not included in the competition.
9. Only one entry per social network. One person can have five entries across the five social networks. (For example, two retweets counts as one entry, but one tweet and one Facebook share counts as two entries).
10. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
11. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the prize draw, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Glastonbury Prize Draw" in the subject line.
12. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, deleted or misdirected or cannot be entered for any technical or other reason.
13. The winner will be chosen at random by selecting a social network at random and then a random person from that network.
14. The winner will be contacted via the social media of their winning competition entry on 5 June.
15. The winner will have 24 hours to reply and confirm their attendance. If there is no response then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Oxfam shall be entitled to select another winner. (That winner will have to respond to Oxfam within 24 hours or they will also forfeit their prize. Glastonbury need to be informed of the winner's name on 7 June 2013).
16. The winners will be contacted to arrange access to the Glastonbury Festival site.
17. The winner will be announced by Oxfam on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr & Google+ at a later date.
18. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
19. Travel to Glastonbury and parking is not included in the prize.
20. Oxfam is not responsible for damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the prize draw or accepting the prize. Oxfam further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the prize draw.
21. Oxfam retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
22. Details of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Communications Department, Oxfam, Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2JY.
23. The winners may be required for promotional activity.
24. Promoter: Oxfam GB, Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2JY.