Glastonbury: A week of pure fun
Suzanne Rodrigues Editorial Assistant in Oxfam's Digital Communications Team
2nd Jul 2013
Glastonbury 2013 was incredible. The music, the food, the drink, the dancing, the random street performers in the Circus fields, giant Twister, heaven and hell in Shangri-la... the list goes on and on. But, there's also something a bit special about doing it with Oxfam. Here's a few reasons why. And a video. And a few quotes from fellow stewards (to prove I'm not being biased!).
- Nuts Cafe. When you read that there's 'onsite catering' in the Oxfam field, you probably don't expect much, but then the lovely people at Nuts serve up the most beautiful pork belly, fish & chips and lasagne and you start to fall in love with them a little bit. Honestly, it's so good.
- Your Easy Pass Out wristband. That means you get to skip a fair few queues. That always feels good.
- Your fellow stewards, campaigners and shop volunteers. A brilliant bunch of people come and work with Oxfam at Glastonbury. And they're all so fun and nice. Really.
- Showers. Everyone camping with Oxfam in the Big Lickle field has access to showers. Hot, clean, running water. It's nice to still feel clean by day four of a festival.
- Free tea and coffee. Two of the best things in life, free in the marquee in the Oxfam campsite.
- Seeing Oxfam everywhere. You see it all around the site. On the banners on the main stage, on the free canvas bags they give out on the first day, on the big screens next to the main stages...and as a steward/campaigner/shop volunteer, you're a part of it. That's a great feeling.
- Emma, Leigh, Esme, Claire, the other Clare and the rest of the Festivals team. They're the Oxfam staff that make this all happen. It's incredible. They're incredible. Thanks guys!
And a few words from a few of our stewards on the Oxfam Festivals Facebook page:
"Still smiling after a wonderful time at Glasto. I can't imagine not doing it with Oxfam, the two are very much hand in hand for me."
Once again, BIG thanks and big love to Oxfam Festival Stewards...This was my first Glasto. It was everything everyone said and more. Wow. Sleep now, goodnight Big Lickle, I'd really like to be there next time."
"Thank you all for making my first festival and first time stewarding a great experience, I'll be back again!"
"Best week of my life ever."
Want to know more?
Visit our Festivals pages to find out more. As of 2 July, there are still stewarding places available at Bestival, CarFest North and South - among others.