|1. Semana Santa is the
name of the Easter-time festival in Spain.
Indurain won the Tour de France bicycle race five times in a row.
3. Tempranillo grapes are used to make Rioja wine because
they ripen early.
4. King Ferdinand of Aragon and Queen Isabella of Castile
funded Christopher Colombus great voyage.
5. The Spanish currency is the Peseta.
6. Doņana Park is the largest national park in Europe.
7. General Franco ruled Spain for 36 years, from 1939-1975.
8. The Sierra Nevada mountains in the south of Spain are
covered by snow for 200 days of the year.