You are here:
Message in a Book is a fun way to engage your pupils with global learning, literacy and active citizenship. Supporting geography and literacy, including persuasive writing, it's also a chance for you and your pupils to make a real difference.
How it works:
1. You download free curriculum-linked teaching resources: What does Oxfam do?
2. Your pupils learn about the issues and write open letters about them. You can order as many blank letter templates as you need (Word, 55KB).
3. Pupils also collect unwanted books - here's a letter to send home to parents Here it is in Welsh.
4. Call 0300 2001 333 to make arrangements with a local participating Oxfam shop.
5. You donate the letters and books to your local Oxfam shop. The shop gives the letters to customers, raising awareness and giving pupils a voice within the community. The shop also sells the books, raising funds for vital Oxfam projects.
Thanks to cinema and photography students at the University of Leeds for making this video.