Oxfam Northern Activism Summit
Nicola Sansom Activism and Community Campiagner
11th Aug 2012
You are invited to come and join us for the Northern Activism Summit, being held in Manchester on Saturday 29th September.
Whether you're brand new to campaigning or a seasoned campaigner, why not attend our Northern Activism Summit to help you learn more about how change happens, share your ideas for making a fairer, better world and meet others who are passionate about the same?
Start time: 10.45 tea and coffee for a prompt start at 11.
End time: 4pm (though we will go and have a drink and socialise from 4-6 and we would love for you to stay and join us for that!).
What are we doing?
- Find out more about our new hidden food heroes project. It's a chance to meet with some representatives from some different local food initiatives and learn more about their inspirational work to do food differently.
- Become a journalist and practice your video interviewing technique - perfect for your next event.
- It's party conference season coming up. Learn more about how you can use social media to influence political proceedings.
- We will be launching an action to clamp down on land grabbing around the world in October. Let's get creative in thinking how we can make the campaign a success together!
- We will provide a free vegetarian lunch as part of the day.
Email or call Nicola to find out more or book your place today: email@example.com 0161 234 2786
The event is being held at the Greenfish resource centre, 46-50 Oldham Street, Manchester, M4 1LE (a ten minute walk from Picadilly station).